Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

{ January 3rd, 2011 -- 3/365 } -- Beauty, Wishes, Friends

{ January 3rd, 2011 }
3/365


Today I ventured out for the first "real" time since the car accident.

My dear friend Monica (who I consider more than a friend--I consider her a sister) and I spent lunch together at one of our favorite restaurants, Brio Tuscan Grill in Gilbert, AZ.

The food there is incredible and we loved being able to spend time catching up with each other over a meal. She chose eggplant and I chose the margherita flat bread (with regular dough in place of the flatbread). Yum, was it ever good!

In between doctor visits today, I had a chance to visit Hobby Lobby for the first time.....

....and I think that the choirs of angels must have been singing over me when I walked through the store because I kept telling people, "This place is like Heaven!" Oh my. I am in LOVE! ; )

One lady even looked at me like I was some sort of wacko because my eyes were as big as saucers and I had that child-like look of wonder and amazement on my face and I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear.

All I can say is:

I. AM. HOOKED.

I've got a terrible new weakness in my life. That craft store speaks to me. I love the decorative pieces that they have. French chic? Um hello! So right up my alley!

I loved one of the pieces so much that I purchased it. It's a flat chandelier with sparkly pieces coming down. I'm going to use it as part of my booth/set design for the Women's Ultimate EXPO in April and May. I'm going to dress my booth to make it look like a living room and this new chandelier piece is going to give it that Parisian twist that I was going for.

I must return for more when the pocketbook permits! : )

I also spent some time allowing myself to dream today. I wrote down important life goals, wishes and dreams in a new (Parisian chic--see a theme going here?) journal that my sister got for me for Christmas. It was such a motivator and encouragement to "see" my dreams written down on paper. It makes them seem that much more real and more likely to happen someday....

...at least I'm dreaming that they will. : )

Isn't that what the song says:

"A dream that you wish, will come true."

I'm believing for them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment