Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

{ The Jennings Family }


When do adorable dimples and a sprinter have something in common?

When they both come neatly wrapped in a pint size little package of baby fun! I was given the wonderful opportunity to photograph the amazing Jennings family. Right off the bat, I knew that it was going to be a memorable photo shoot and that I was going to walk away a happy photographer. : )

They were welcoming and warm and made you feel like you've known them for years. It felt more like photographing some old friends rather than photographing someone I'd just met. They also had some pop to their step--some energy. This was going to be fun!


When Mama and Daddy Jennings stepped out of their car, they were all full of big, warm smiles and there was a light dancing in each of their eyes. Mama Jennings would tell me that this was their first "real" family photo session and I was delighted to capture their family with my camera lens!

{ By the way, um, yeah! I feel like one blessed photographer!
I keep getting THE nicest clients EVER! }

       

Baby Jennings, the little guy of the family and sprinter of the family, looked at my camera lens for a few moments, then decided that he was determined to give me a workout! ; )

Almost 2, this little guy was full of energy...and FAST!

ZOOM! His little feet were scurrying away at the speed of light!
I can almost hear his thoughts:

"You think you're fast, photographer lady? Come catch me! Come catch me!"


Thankfully, Big Brother Jennings was there to come to the rescue and catch him for all of us. You can tell how much Baby Jennings loves his Big Brother Jennings. He's already looking up to him and loves him.


Big Brother Jennings was definitely mature beyond his years and you can tell that he's responsible in the way he acted and took care of his brother. : ) Such a great kid!


As we walked around a little bit, I asked Mama and Daddy Jennings to spend some time with their kids while I shot from a distance and captured what I saw.

Here is what unfolded--can't you just feel the love oozing between this family?

I love moments like these because I cannot create these with my camera. Each person, each family does on their own. I love to see families interact in their normal environment without me standing right there with my camera intruding on beautiful moments like these.

Commence the family love!





Families are made for being together and celebrating the love that each person has for one another. They're the bread and butter of life and bring some of life's greatest joys! I'm so glad that I met the Jennings--they are full of life and full of love for the little boys and for each other!

Families are made for sharing love....and the Jennings do. : )


"In truth a family is what you make it. It is made strong, not by number of heads counted at the dinner table, but by the rituals you help family members create, by the memories you share, by the commitment of time, caring, and love you show to one another, and by the hopes for the future you have as individuals and as a unit."

- Marge Kennedy





No comments:

Post a Comment