Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

{ January 9th, 2011 -- 9/365 } -- LIVE!

{ January 9th, 2011 }
9/365

Oops, I am a day behind on my 365. I had this shot in mind last night....as I was drifting off to sleep, that is, zzzz. I had every good intention of shooting this for my 365, but the Sand Man must have conked me on the head because I was out like a light within minutes.


This little wooden plaque that I got yesterday has so much meaning for me. My resolution this year is to embrace life for all that it has to offer and to focus on LIVING, not on dying.

Probably sounds morbid to think and talk about death, doesn't it? I'll give you a little background though: I've been to more funerals in my life than I have fingers and toes and have said goodbye to a great number of family and friends (I think the last count was 32--that's more than my age, not a good ratio, ugh). Because of that, I've often found myself full of worry and fear about my loved ones and friends who are still alive and also about my own life.

But something liberated me at the end of this last December. Actually, two things did--something from the Bible and something from the Beatles! ; )

1st, what Jesus said in the Bible:
"I came that they may have life and have it ABUNDANTLY." (John 10:10, ESV)

2nd, the Beatles:
"......A time to live, a time to die....."

It struck me that, while I'm eventually going to die someday, that NOW is the time for LIVING! I should be focusing on living because death isn't a bridge that I've had to cross yet. That time will come later.

For now, I'm going to focus on living....and living well. : )

I want to LIVE and LIVE ABUNDANTLY, soaking it in for all that it's worth. ♥ ♥ ♥

It's a little plaque with a lot of meaning to me. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment