Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

{ January 23rd, 2011 -- 23/365 } -- Beauty All Around Me

{ January 23rd, 2011  }
23/365


Nature.

So basic and simple and yet so beautiful and full of detail and wonder.

I was busy rushing about my day as I'm accustomed to doing day in and day out, when the sound of something stopped me dead in my tracks.

It was the sound of a little tiny sparrow belting out a hearty melody of chirp-filled music. I didn't dare open the wooden blinds on the windows so as not to stir him, but I stopped what I was doing and leaned over to hear him singing.

I've been so busy lately that I haven't been stopping to notice the little things like that in nature. Things so tiny, seemingly insignificant and yet so powerful in their repose.

I haven't noticed for a long time.

But, today I did.

I made sure that I did.

And I loved the beauty of detail that I saw around me. I felt the warmth of the sun on my neck. I saw the textures in a tree's sturdy trunk. My eyes delighted in seeing the whimsical little tendrils of a simple bush.

Today, I saw beauty all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment