Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

{ January 22nd, 2011 -- 22/365 } -- Sweet Hearts

{ January 22nd, 2011 }
22/365


When I was younger, I always played with my food. I saw art everywhere I went, including my food. My mashed potatoes were suddenly transformed into a snowy hill and broccoli became the trees. If I had an almost empty plate, the remnants would surely become a smiley face or some other artsy blend of creativity.

Well, I guess that some things don't change. I got a bag of Sweethearts while I was out yesterday because I hadn't had them in a very long time and wanted to revist the taste of them again.

It wasn't long before I started seeing how these sugary little hearts could become little pieces of art. Flowers. Butterflies. I was going to make a sun too but didn't think I'd have enough yellows to work with.

I see art in a lot of stuff. My mind is always busy creating things from ordinary things or nothingness. One's man's junk is another man's treasure. One artist's stuff is another artist's masterpiece. ♥ ♥ ♥

PS: This is a great craft for all you Mommies out there! Take the little hearts and put some glue on the back and have your kiddos make all sorts of creative shapes: Fish, hearts, smiley faces, castles, etc. Imagination is the key! : )!! Well, that and a steady hand....and a tummy that isn't tempted to gobble up all those little pink pills of sugar. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment