Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

{ January 15th, 2011 -- 15/365 } -- "Little Roscoe"

{ January 15th, 2011 }
15/365


"Little" Roscoe.

He's *almost* 9 months old. I also can't believe that he's as big as he is for still being less than a year old!

I have to stop and remind myself of that when he's "behaving like a puppy".

I have to remind myself that he's still a baby in dog years. A BIG puppy, but still a puppy.

Today he got all muzzled up to go to puppy class with my Mom who's been taking him and working with him. We've been trying to get him more socialized with other dogs. He went to the dog park the first time ever a few days ago and seemed to be (for the most part) okay with it.

We're also trying to break him of his naughty new sniffing habit with humans. Friends and family have been "violated" a few times by his curiosity and letting his nose go a'sniffing where it shouldn't be going (in the rear).

Oh Roscoe. What am I going to do with you? I have to remind myself that he's still learning and still growing.

He knows how to sit, lay down, shake and "high five", so I'm hoping we can teach him a lot more as he continues to grow and get older.

You may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks, but you sure can still teach the young ones...even if they look older than they are. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment