Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

{ January 27th, 2011 -- 27/365 } -- A Deeper Hunger

{ January 27th, 2011 }

27/365


I am feeling hunger tonight.

Not a regular hunger--a physical kind of hunger.

I'm feeling something deeper.

Something within my heart. Something within my soul.

It's a hunger I haven't felt so intensely since I was in my early 20's some 10 years ago.
I'm feeling a hunger for God and a closer relationship with Him. I've been a Christian believer for many years, but something is stirring deep inside of me and I'm finding myself wanting....more.

I want more.

More of God.

More of life.

I started feeling a pang like you would feel when you love someone and haven't seen them for awhile. Not that I'd left, but I've been letting the busyness of everyday life crowd Him out.

Tonight I was listening to Casting Crowns and one song in particular jumped out at me and made me feel completely poured out and so loved at the same time.

Not everyone has the same beliefs or shares the same faith as I do of course and I don't expect you to.
But for me, this was very very special tonight. Something very personal and very wonderful for me. I can almost hear my heart breathing sighs of contentment and rest. I'm so thankful for this hunger on the inside.

It's amazing how that kind of hunger can leave me feeling the most content and filled at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment