Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

{ January 13th, 2011 -- 13/365 } -- Finding the Nerve to Sing....

{January 13th, 2011}
13/365
This is a microphone.....GULP!

One of my biggest fears EVER is singing in front of people. I'm terrified. I can talk to crowds filled with hundreds of people, but ask me to sing for a small crowd of one and I totally panic and freeze up. The words suddenly find a way to escape my mouth and I'm left with a frightened deer-in-the-headlights look.

Not a peep comes out.

Oh my yikes.

One of my goals for this year is to sing in front of someone. I bought my sister and brother-in-law's used karaoke machine and I'm determined to use it....WITH someone. It's time that my I let someone else hear my voice (no matter how warbly or off key) and not just the walls of my car.

But, oh my yikes, how terrified I am!!

I may get brave enough to post a clip of me singing online someday, but for now I just need to get past the part of opening my mouth. Right now it's clamped shut with fear.

I'm even getting tense and stressed WRITING about doing this. How am I ever going to DO it? I guess just like everything else--one baby step at a time. ; )

Okay fear, you better hide! Here I come!

GULP.

No comments:

Post a Comment